Girls Horse Bedding and Room Decor
Looking for girl horse bedding? What little girl wouldn't adore a magical room filled with horses and ponies. A cowgirl and horse bedroom theme is simple to create, and the possibilities are endless. It's a perfect theme for a room to dream, play and grow in for girls who love horses and the outdoors. This design can easily be achieved through several different approaches. One by incorporating the look and feel of the old west with a rustic flare, or by creating an environment that lends itself to soft pastels, pastures, meadows, butterflies, flowers, and whimsical objects depicting a farm- like atmosphere. We have exclusive girls horse bedding with themes from horses in pastures to pretty ponies! Find all the right horse bedding here and thrill your little princess with a bedroom that will make all her dreams come true. Design tips on creating a horse theme room are located directly below images. Shop in our girls bedding and coordinating items ....where imaginations come to life. Shipping throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Kids Comforters & Quilts
All Girls Bedding
Teen Comforter Sets
Butterfly Comforter Sets
Unique Kids Gifts
|New! Equestrian Cowgirl Bedding|
|New! Pony Petals Cowgirl Bedding||Pony Magic Quilted Bedding|
|Vintage & Blooms Horse Bedding||Mustang Sally Horse Bedding $49.00 BIAB|
|Flower Ponies Bedding|
Pink Cowgirl Girl Horse Bedding
|Pink Cowgirl Bedding||New Horse Comforter|
|Whispering Pines Bedding|
|Western Horse Patchwork Quilt||Old West Cowgirl Horse Bedding||Vintage Charm Cowgirl Quilt||Pink Horse Cowgirl Bedding||Cowgirl Bedding||Horse Bedding|
|Cowgirl Collection Bedding||Horse Theme Bedding||Cowgirl and Horse Romance Bedding||Pretty Horse
|Girls Western Bedding|
|Wild at Heart Horse Bedding||Giddyup Quilt|
| Please let us know if you like the girl's bedding on this site! Your feedback is always greatly appreciated.
How to Create a Kid's Western Theme Bedroom
Before beginning a cowgirl theme horse bedroom, it is a good idea to choose the bedding prior to the colour of paint and accessories that will be included. There are many horse and pony quilts, horse comforters and bedding sets available, in a wide variety of patterns. Most horse bedding for little girl's is in soft muted colours, such as pale pink, lavenders, yellow, or meadow green. These colours work well in creating horse or pony pasture rooms. Another option is to purchase a solid comforter or quilt set, and add giant western horse pillows with sheets and shams in cowgirl prints. Cowgirl and horse bedding is also available in earth tones, such as shades of brown and beige to darker rustic and rich tones which are perfect for a southwestern feel. Indigo blue or bright red can provide a bold look, and brings in a real cowgirl feel as they are both colours of standard bandanas. Blue tones provide a denim look. You simply need to figure out the approach you would like to take, and build from there.
Once the bedding has been chosen, it's time to select a wall paint colour. I suggest bringing a pillow sham or the complete bedding set into the paint store with you when viewing samples. Although I am an interior designer, I still always ask the paint store employees what their recommendations would be. They generally know the full range of colours available. Once the walls are painted, a cowgirl, western, southwestern or horse theme wallpaper border can be added. Other options include pony wall stencils, murals, or hand-painted pasture scenes with horses, barns, flowers, and a picket fence. For those not wanting to paint, you can also purchase stick on wall decals or wallpaper murals. A creative idea is to paint or apply a purchased mural of an outdoor scene and add a wood frame with shutters around it to depict a window.
Creative Design Ideas for Horse Theme Bedrooms:
I've broken this down into two separate categories: Rustic Cowgirl Western Design and Pastel Horse or Pony Pasture
Pastel Pony Pasture Horse Theme Design:
1. For this approach, think of subtle pinks, greens and lavenders. Fabric choices can include white lace, ginghams, checks, plaids, pink and white stripes, soft green meadows tones, with sweet little ponies. This look is most appealing to younger girls and incorporates an equestrian feel to the room. Use the colour of the bedding for inspiration for wall paint.
2. A great way to add artwork, is by browsing through pictures of horses, farms and ponies in pastures online and in magazines. Artwork is fun to incorporate into a child's room and should reflect the colour of the bedding as well. There is lots of artwork available for little girl's rooms that can be purchased online. In fact, many of the companies I have recommended, do carry children's paintings and prints, including horse prints. Another option, is to simply print photos found online, and purchase simple frames to put them in. I did this for my own children, and was very happy with the result. I used photos from www.istockphoto.com, as there is a huge selection to choose from, and some of the photos run for $1.00 and up. Again, here is another fun way to include your child in the design process. If they are looking for pony, horse, rolling meadows or equestrian events, simply type this in, and there are hundreds of options to choose from. Vector images are great for cartoon type characters, such as simply drawn ponies. If you are handy with Adobe Photoshop or a similar program, you can change colours in the images, add text (such as their name or inspiring quote), or put a collage together using several photos. I usually purchase the frames from Ikea, and sometimes paint the frames to match a colour in the bedding or image. Even a child's favourite book with horses and ponies can be converted into artwork for their wall. Paint by number kits readily available, and are another fun option that allows your child to be directly involved in the design process.
3. Get creative with championship ribbons. Incorporate a white picket fence with flowers and butterflies. A picket fence really compliments the pony horse pasture theme, creating a country inspired look to the room. There are several options available in creating a picket fence. You can use real fence posts painted white, hand paint a picket fence onto the wall, or apply a WALLIES pre-pasted, vinyl cutout of a fence. Real fence posts can be painted white, and attached section by section to the wall. A soft rose colour wall paint goes beautifully behind the fence section with a soft yellow or neutral colour above. Large paper flowers can be wound around the posts. Faux-painted grass, butterflies and ladybugs can then be painted randomly. It creates a very whimsical and soft look to the room.
4.Classic white furniture looks wonderful with this theme. You can decoupage ponies, a horse, horseshoes, and cowgirl hats onto a dresser - or border around a mirror. Try hand painting a dresser letting the fabrics, artwork and bedding inspire you. Log or wood furniture can be a perfect addition.
5. A carpet in a soft grass green colour, or rosy pink that compliments the walls and bedding is a nice touch. A neutral colour also blends in well and won't detract from wall art and other decor.
6. You can purchase pony or horse curtains and holdbacks. I think that sheer white curtains fluttering the breeze, teamed with a gingham valence provides a stunning effect.
7 Create a barn feel with wood grain or log wallpaper to create the look and feel of a stable. Paint the closet to look like a barn door. Add old saddles, real horse tackle, and other equestrian or horse related objects throughout the room.
8. Use decorative accents such as horse themed clocks, novelty horse or horseshoe drawer knobs and pulls, a model of a horse, little cowgirl boots and horseshoes hanging on the wall. Add hats, spurs and bandanas to shelves. Bookends can be made from cowboy boots.
Rustic Cowgirl Western and Horse Design
1. For a southwestern rustic approach, purchase or paint a wall mural of a western scene with wild horses or a bucking horse. Frame it with rough boards to depict a "window" surrounding the view. Create a western feel through the use of western, southwestern, Native American, or Navaho area rugs. Use western blankets and throws over a chair or bed. Use two western blankets or throws, and convert them into curtains.
2. Log beds and rustic furniture work well with a rustic cowgirl theme room. Another option is standard wood furniture, in a natural stain or white. You can purchase twisted wire or western drawer pulls to dress it up. Search for rustic, rugged unpainted wood basics for bedroom furniture, and apply a simple varnish or stain. Use a rustic country shelf as a wall accent. You can purchase wooden shelves at crafts stores. The shelf can be painted in a coordinating colour to the room. Lightly sand edges to create a worn rugged look. Replace light switch covers with western style covers, in cow or horse prints.
3. Find western scenes, cowboys, horse art, in magazines and books. They can be cut out and framed and hung on the walls, or clustered in small groups on dressers. Think of a wild horse or wild horses, old worn out saddles, teepees, horseshoes, old west and rodeo scenes. Include horse tackle, riding equipment, an old leather riding helmet and riding crop, boots with spurs etc.- Have your child help you!
4. Some accessories to consider: vintage western boxes, western horse clocks, cowboy and cowgirl light switch covers, rustic horse hardwear, rustic mirrors, western and rustic lighting, rustic throw rugs, a lasso, saddles, spurs, vintage or rustic picture frames, old guitars, sheriff badges, lanterns, cowgirl hats, faux animal hide. Take an old lamp, and apply rope to the base, keeping rope well away from light source, and add a bandana fabric lampshade in blue or red.
5. Use a pencil and loosely write your child's name on the wall. Apply glue, and glue a twisted rope onto the lettering.
|Tracy Svendsen is an interior designer specializing in children's room decor and design. She attended Montana State University, and Ryerson University for 6 years, studying interior design, architecture and marketing. This web site was created as an aide to help parents locate the perfect bedding set for their little one. Only bedding companies with good customer service, safe online shopping practices and quality products have been included. For further information on Tracy, and her many shop and compare websites, please view the about us section.
This site predominantly provides links to U.S. Kids Bedding Companies, most of whom ship throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Falcon Log Homes Ltd. and ALogCabinStore make every effort to ensure the accuracy of product and pricing information that is listed on this website. Research has been done on companies represented, but we do encourage viewers to conduct their own research prior to making a purchase. We do not make any guarantees that all information is correct. Falcon Log Homes Ltd. cannot be held liable for any actions taken based on product and pricing information and shall not be held responsible for any loss or damage resulting from any transactions occurring with recommended companies.
Graphics, Content Management, SEO & Web Design by Tracy Svendsen